Sunday 26 February 2012

Delirium




Imagine if love were a disease? This was book I didn't put down the whole way through. I had never heard of Lauren Oliver before this book but one of my dearest friends with great taste in books offered me to borrow the book and I did. Soon enough I was sucked right in and couldn't socialize till I had finished. A truly beautiful story about a girl and a boy but not any old love story.

The cover of the book is encapsulated straight away with the question 'what if love were a disease?' The book is based in a future America where scientists have discovered that love is the start of all hate, so logically scientists came up with a cure to stop people from feeling love which stops hate.
Once one turned 18 they had a procedure that changed the way the brain thinks and feels which stops people from feeling love.
The story is all about a girl called Lena who is terrified of the so called disease after her mum committing suicide after the procedure failed to cure her from 'Love'. A life without love is a life without pain.
But of course weeks before her procedure a boy named Alex comes along and reality is turned upside down.

This book had me feeling mixed emotions laughing and crying. Had me on edge whole way through. Definitely read it again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment much appreciated for your opinions!

 

Novocaine for the soul... Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template